News: Union Minister has addressed the 1st ever Ministerial Meeting of G-20 Anti-Corruption Working Group.
- G-20 Anti-Corruption Working Group: It was set up in June 2010 at the Toronto Summit of G-20.
- Objective: To prepare comprehensive recommendations for consideration by leaders on how the G20 could continue to make practical and valuable contributions to international efforts to combat corruption.
- G20: It is an informal group of 19 countries and the European Union with representatives of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
- Origin: It was initially founded in 1999 after the Asian financial crisis.However after the 2008 Financial Crisis, the meeting has been held annually since 2010.
- Members: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, the UK, the USA and the EU.
- G20 Summit,2020: Saudi Arabia is the first Arab nation to hold the G20 presidency in 2020.Theme:“Realising Opportunities of the 21st Century for All”.
- G7: It is an organisation made up of seven countries namely Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- G4: It consists of four countries namely Brazil, Germany, India, and Japan which support each other’s bids for permanent seats on the United Nations Security Council.