News:Ministry of Commerce & Industry has launched a national outreach Programme called GeM Samvaad.
About GeM Samvaad:
- The outreach programme aims to spread awareness about the Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
- The programme will take place with stakeholders across the country and with local sellers in order to facilitate the on-boarding of local sellers on the marketplace while catering to specific requirements and procurement needs of buyers.
About Government e-Marketplace (GeM):
- GeM is a state-of-the-art national public procurement platform launched in 2016 by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The portal aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
- It was launched to remove entry barriers for bonafide sellers and to create a vibrant e-marketplace with a wide range of goods and services.
- The platform facilitates online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organisations / PSUs.
- It also provides the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to facilitate the government users, achieve the best value for their money.
- SWAYATT stands for Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage Through eTransactions on Government e Marketplace (GeM).
- It is an initiative to promote women and young entrepreneurs through e-transactions on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
- It brings together the key stakeholders within the Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem to Government e-Marketplace the national procurement portal.
About GeM Startup runaway:
- GeM Start-up Runway-an initiative of GeM in association with Start -up India.
- It facilitates Start-ups registered with Start -up India to access the public procurement market and sell innovative products and services to government buyers.
- GeM Start-up Runway will also address goals and objectives under United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 9: Build a resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.