News: The government of India has released a containment plan for large outbreaks. The plan is based on the Bhilwara model — Rajasthan government’s strategy in the Bhilwara district, which is a Covid-19 hotspot.
- Geographical areas will be quarantined under this model.
- The Disaster Management Act of 2005 and the Epidemic Diseases Act of 1897 can be used to implement the model.
- CrPc and IPC sections can be used to book violators.
- People will be checked for influenza-like symptoms. They will be monitored actively and tested. Labs will give results in 12 to 24 hours.
- All healthcare workers should use hydroxychloroquine as prophylactic.
- If there are no cases for four weeks, normalcy can be declared.