News: The 49th Governing Council Meeting of National Productivity Council (NPC) was held through video conferencing.
- National Productivity Council(NPC): It is an autonomous body established in 1958 under Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- Aim: To promote innovation – led productivity in a sustained manner in all spheres of national economy.
- President: Union Minister for Commerce and Industry is the President and Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT) is its Chairman
- Significance: It is a constituent of the Tokyo-based Asian Productivity Organisation (APO) of which the Government of India is a founding member.
- APO: It is an intergovernmental organization established in 1961 to increase productivity in the Asia-Pacific region through mutual cooperation.