News:The government has announced Rs 436 crore outlay for skilling 4 lakh professionals under Future Skills PRIME programme.
About Future Skills Programme:
- FutureSkills Programme was launched in 2018 jointly by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and industry body NASSCOM.
- The programme aims to reskill 2 million professionals and potential employees & students in the industry in eight emerging technologies over a period of 5 years.
- The emerging technologies include artificial intelligence, virtual reality, robotic process automation, internet of things, big data analytics, 3D printing, cloud computing, social and mobile
- To do this,FutureSkills portal uses the technology of the future, to create a space where a learner can access content on all the skills of the future.
- A learner can seamlessly access free and paid content, assessments, virtual labs and get certified on the skills of their choice.
- This Future PRIME is the next phase of the Future Skills platform and is open to professionals from outside the IT industry as well, who want to skill themselves in ten emerging technologies.
Significance of the programme:
- This initiative from NASSCOM will help India accelerates the journey of skilling and achieve its goal of becoming the global talent hub.
- It will also facilitate the skilling by inspiring learners to explore, discover and learn.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) was established in 1988.
- It is a non-profit organisation of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.