News:The Haryana government has decided to bring more crops under the ‘Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojna(BBY) scheme.
About Bhavantan Bharpayee Yojna(BBY):
- The Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana was launched by the Haryana government in 2018.
- The scheme has been designed and developed for safeguarding the investment of the farmers.
- Under the scheme,the state agricultural department will fix the least selling price of certain crops.
- In case the farmer gets the price lower than the price fixed by the government, the difference will be paid as an incentive to the farmers directly into their bank accounts.
- For getting the scheme benefits, the farmers have to register themselves on ‘Meri Fasal Mera Byora (MFMB)’ portal.
- The crops included are potato, onion, tomato and cauliflower.This will now be extended to other crops such as Carrots, peas, kinnow, guava, capsicum and brinjal.
About ‘Meri Fasal Mera Byora (MFMB)’ portal:
- Mera Fasal Mera Byora portal was launched by the Haryana Government.
- The portal enables farmers to self-report their land and crop details and help them receive benefits of several government schemes directly.
- Through the portal, the government will also get the accurate data of area and name of crop cultivated in various parts of the state.