- International Centre for Automotive Technology(ICAT) has released India’s first Type Approval Certificate(TAC) for Bharat Stage VI(BS VI) norms for the two wheeler segment in New Delhi.
- The certificate was released and handed over by Director of ICAT to top officials of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers).This is India’s first certification in the two wheeler segment for the BS – VI norms.
- The Bharat Stage(BS) norms are standards instituted by the Indian government to regulate the output of air pollutants from internal combustion engine equipment, including motor vehicles.The norms were introduced in 2000.
- The Indian government has decided to skip BS-V and directly move to BS-VI from April 2020.From 1st April 2020,only those vehicles will be sold and registered in India which complies with these norms.
- The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) is a leading world class automotive testing,certification and R&D service provider under the aegis of NATRiP (National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project), Government of India.
5 min read