News:The Indian Coast Guard’s Offshore Patrol Vessel(OPV), ICGS Varad has been commissioned into service.
About ICGS Varad:
- ICGS Varad is the the fifth in the series of seven Vikram-class offshore patrol vessel vessels being constructed by Larsen and Toubro(L&T).
- The vessel is the first major defence ship to clear all the sea trials in one single sea sortie creating a record of sorts in the Indian shipbuilding industry.
- It will be deployed at Eastern Coast under the operational control of the North-Eastern Region’s Coast Guard.
About Vikram class Offshore Patrol Vessel:
- The Vikram-class offshore patrol vessel is a series of seven offshore patrol vessels(OPV) being built by L&T Shipbuilding for the Indian Coast Guard.
- The Seven offshore Patrol vessels(OPV) are ICGS Vikram, ICGS Vijaya, ICGS Veera, ICGS Varaha, ICGS Varad and ICGS Vajra.