- The QS World University Rankings 2020 has been released.The Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT) has topped the rankings for the eighth consecutive year.
- IIT-Bombay has been ranked India’s best university for the second year in a row gaining a global ranking of 152.Two other Indian universities namely IIT Delhi (182) and the Indian Institute of Science,Bengaluru (184) are now under 200.
- There are a total of 23 Indian institutions in the top 1,000.There were 24 in last year’s rankings.Out of the 23,nine are in the top 500 including seven IITs.
- The Manipal Academy of Higher Education falls within the 701-750 ranking band is the top private university in the country.
- QS rankings are published annually by global higher education consultancy Quacquarelli Symonds.The QS list ranks the world’s top 1,000 universities.
- The QS system now comprises the global overall and subject rankings alongside five independent regional tables (Asia, Latin America, Emerging Europe and Central Asia, the Arab Region and BRICS).
8 min read