- The first phase of Jal Shakti Abhiyan has started from 1st July. It will run till 15th September 2019.
- Jal Shakti Abhiyan is a time-bound, mission mode, water conservation and irrigation efficiency campaign for water security in India.
- It aims at making water conservation and promotion of irrigation efficiency a ‘jan andolan’ (public campaign) through asset creation and communication campaigns in rural India.
- The intervention areas in rural India include: a) Water conservation and rainwater harvesting, b) Renovation of water bodies, c) Renovation of bore well recharge structures, d) Watershed development and e) intensive afforestation.
- Recycle and reuse will be the focus of Jal Shakti Abhiyan in urban areas.
6 min read