News:Recently,a carbon disclosure report has been released by the Global Reporting Initiative,a non profit organisation.
About Carbon disclosure report:
- It is an annual report on carbon reduction activities of different countries and their firms.
- The report ranks countries based on their corporate responsibilities of carbon reduction.
Key takeaways from the report:
- United States topped the list based on their corporate responsibilities of carbon reduction or based on the transparency of the disclosures.It was followed by Japan,UK and France.
- India has been ranked 5th among the countries surveyed for corporate commitments to science-based targets(SBT).
- Around 58 Indian companies disclosed their environment related activities to the organization.
- Based on their disclosure,the report concludes that 98% of the top Indian companies have now formed committees to address climate related issues.
- Further,the top corporate managements in India have also integrated climate concerns in performance evaluation of key personal with nearly 90% providing incentives to senior staffers to help meet targets.
- Global Reporting Initiative(GRI) is an independent international organization that has pioneered sustainability reporting since 1997.
- It helps businesses and governments worldwide understand and communicate their impact on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, governance and social well-being.