- India has suspended the Samjhauta Express train service.This decision was taken after Pakistan had also suspended the Samjhauta train service.
- Pakistan has also decided to downgrade it diplomatic ties with India and has suspended bilateral trade.
- These developments comes in the backdrop of the government’s decision to revoke the special status granted to Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Parliament has also passed a Bill to bifurcate the state into two Union Territories with Jammu and Kashmir a legislature and Ladakh without a legislature.
- The Samjhauta Express commonly called the Friendship Express is a bi-weekly train that runs on Monday and Thursday between Delhi and Attari in India and Lahore in Pakistan.The train was started in 1976 following the Shimla Agreement.
1 min read