- India and China will hold the 8th edition of the annual military exercise Hand in Hand in December 2019.
- The exercise will take place at Umroi, Meghalaya.
- It is at the company level, meaning around 100-120 infantry troops from both sides will be participating.
- It will be based on counter-terrorism and humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations.
- Hand-in-Hand military exercises are tactical-level operations that aims to build closer relations between Indian and Chinese armies. The first Hand in Hand exercise was held in Kunming, China in 2007.
- The 6th edition of the exercise was held in Pune in 2016. The 7th edition was held in Chengdu region of China in 2018.
- The India-China Hand-in-Hand military exercise was cancelled in 2017 amid the heightened tensions between the two countries following the Doklam standoff.
1 min read