- India has been ranked 80th on Global Talent Competitive Index 2019. Switzerland maintains its top position followed by Singapore and the United States.
- India has scored well on growing talent which is the only pillar where the country is positioned above the median.However,India’s biggest challenge is to improve its ability to Attract and Retain talent.
- The theme of this year report is ‘Entrepreneurial Talent and Global Competitiveness’.It attempts to identify the ways in which companies, countries,and cities can foster entrepreneurial talent which makes up a critical component of competitiveness and innovation.
- Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI) is based on the research conducted by INSEAD.It is an annual benchmarking report that measures the ability of countries to compete for talent.
- The survey measures how countries and cities grow,attract and retain talent.It ranks 125 countries and 114 cities across all groups of income and levels of development.It was launched for the first time in 2013.
5 min read