News: Digital Quality of Life(DQL) Index, 2020 has been released by SurfShark, an online privacy solutions provider.
- About the Index: It is a global research on the quality of digital wellbeing in 85 countries (81% of the global population).
- Parameters: The index ranks countries by looking at five fundamental pillars that define the digital quality of life:
- Internet affordability(mobile and broadband)
- Internet quality (mobile and broadband)
- Electronic government availability and advancement
- Electronic infrastructure development and
- State of electronic security.
- Top Rankings: Scandinavian countries Denmark and Sweden topped the index with Canada rounding up the top three.
- Indian Rankings: India stands at the overall rank of 57 out of the 85 countries.
- Internet Affordability: 9th place and outperforms countries like the UK, the USA and China.
- Internet Quality: 78th place and is almost at the bottom of the pillar.
- E-infrastructure: India ranked 79th behind neighbours Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal.
- Electronic Security: India performed poorly here standing at 57th position.
- E-government: 15th place ahead of the Netherlands, China and Belgium.