News:India and South Korea have signed a logistics agreement during India’s Defence Minister’s visit to South Korea.
About the Logistics agreement:
- Logistics agreements are administrative arrangements facilitating access to each other’s military facilities for fuels and services between countries.
- India and South Korea logistics agreement establishes basic terms, conditions and procedures for the reciprocal provision of logistic support, supplies and services between the navies of India and South Korea.
- The agreement will significantly enhance India’s reach in the Indo-Pacific.
- The agreement will also place South Korea amongst close partners like the US and France that have similar bilateral pacts with India.
Logistics agreement with other countries
- Since 2016,India has signed militarily logistics sharing agreements with the US, France, Oman, and Singapore.
- India is looking to conclude three Military Logistics Support Agreements (MLSA) by the year-end with Japan, Russia and Australia.