News:Bangladesh Prime Minister is on a four day visit to India.
Highlights of the visit:
- India and Bangladesh has inked an MoU that will enable India to set up a coastal surveillance system radar in Bangladesh.
- The two countries agreed at early operationalization of Bangladesh Bhutan India Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicles Agreement for movement of goods and passengers between the member countries who are willing and ready.
- They have also directed their officials to expedite establishment of twelve Border Haats which have been agreed to by both countries.
List of agreements signed:
- The use of the Chattogram and Mongla ports in Bangladesh for movement of goods to and from India particularly from Northeastern India.
- The exchange of data and information to prepare a framework of interim sharing agreements for six rivers- (a)Manu, Muhuri, Khowai and Gomati rivers of Tripura (b)Dharla river of Bangladesh and (c)Dudhkumar river of West Bengal.
- The withdrawal of water from Feni river for drinking water scheme for Sabroom town, Tripura.
- The Implementation of the Lines of Credit (LoCs) committed by India to Bangladesh.
Bilateral development projects:The two leaders also inaugurated three bilateral projects-
- Import of bulk Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) from Bangladesh
- Inauguration of Vivekananda Bhaban (students hostel) at Ramakrishna Mission, Dhaka.
- Inauguration of Bangladesh-India Professional Skill Development Institute(BIPSDI) at the Institution of Diploma Engineers Bangladesh (IDEB), Khulna, Bangladesh.