- The second edition of Indian Navy-Vietnam People Navy Bilateral Exercise (IN – VPN BILAT EX) was concluded.The four-day maritime exercise was held at Cam Ranh Bay in Vietnam with an aim to boost operational cooperation.
- The exercise involved a composite training programme in the fields of submarine,aviation and dockyard training.
- This exercise was undertaken as part of the ongoing Overseas Deployment of Eastern Fleet ships to South East Asian countries.
- This exercise is a significant step in strengthening mutual confidence and interoperability as well as sharing best practices between the Indian and the Vietnam People Navies.
- In 2016,during the visit of Indian Prime Minister to Vietnam,the relations between the two countries were elevated to the level of Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.
1 min read