News: Indian Army has introduced a software named the “Infrastructure Management System(IMS)’ software.
- Aim: To automate the functions related to infrastructure development and management such as ascertaining availability of land, planning and monitoring of works among others.
- Features: The scope of the software includes the following:
- To automate works initiation, preparation of list and its approval by the Ministry of Defence(MoD).
- To accord administrative approval and monitoring of execution by the CFA.
- To automate approval of accommodation allocation/extension for children education ground, special children and Battle/Physical casualty.
- Manage cantonment roads including emergency closure.
- Monitor land encroachment, Old Grant Bungalows, VIP references and transfer/exchange of land.