News:Recently,the Indian army showcased its artillery firepower capability at Exercise Topchi at Deolali Camp near Nashik.
About Exercise Topchi:
- Exercise Topchi which means a gunner in English is an annual exercise by the School of Artillery,Deolali.
- The exercise aims to showcase the Indian Army’s artillery firepower, aviation and surveillance capabilities.
- The army assets such as the indigenous Advanced Light Helicopters, Ultra Light Howitzer M777, self-propelled gun K Vajra gave a glimpse of the increasing lethality of the Indian army.
About School of Artillery:
- The School of Artillery was established for the Indian Army at Kakul now in Pakistan in April 1918.It moved to Devlali in June 1941.
- Since 1947,the School of Artillery has undergone many changes, in conformity with modernisation and expansion of the Indian Army and consequently of the Regiment of Artillery.