- The Indian delegation has participated in the second Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO) Mass Media Forum at Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan.
- The forum aims to strengthen the exchange and cooperation in the field of mass media amongst SCO countries.
- It also offers a unique platform for active work through mass media to create an objective vision of the organization and strengthen its positive image in the global information space.
- The Indian delegation has suggested that media personnel exchange programmes may be undertaken along with joint international press conferences.The idea of working together to counter the problem of fake news was also highlighted.
- The SCO Member States also adopted the Resolution of Media Forum which calls for establishing successful collaborations of Mass Media Organizations of the SCO member Countries.
- The first SCO Media Summit was held in Beijing on 1 June 2018 under the motto “Development of the Shanghai Spirit” and opening of a new era in the mass media cooperation”
4 min read