- Indian Navy has taken various initiatives towards the goal of Clean and Green Navy.
- Indian Navy has formulated a plan called as Indian Navy Environment Conservation Roadmap(INECR).The roadmap aims for reduction in energy consumption and diversification of energy supply as the key result areas.
- Indian Navy has pledged 1.5% of its works Budget towards Renewable Energy generation.
- The Indian Navy has also formulated Green Initiatives Programme which would aid in boosting the national interests of environment sustainability and self-reliance in energy.Green Initiatives Programme has added a new dimension called as social responsibility into it.
- Further,24 MW of Solar Photovoltaic(PV) projects consisting of both Rooftop and Land based solar panels are under execution at various shore establishments of the Navy under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission(JNNSM).
- Indian Navy has also focused attention towards addressing the menace of Air Pollution by way of various environmental remediation measures for mitigating it such as (a)sapling plantation (b)horticulture (c)anti-plastic drive and (d)effluent treatment plants
- Indian Navy has also organized awareness drives and programmes by means of coastal cleanship,lectures to enhance participation and ensure better outreach amongst communities and contribute to the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
7 min read