Skip to content
- India’s external Affairs Minister is on a visit to the Maldives to attend the fourth Indian Ocean Conference 2019.
- The theme of the fourth Indian Ocean Conference(IOC) is “Securing the Indian Ocean Region:Traditional and Non-Traditional Challenges”
- The conference is organized by India Foundation in association with the Foreign Service Institute of Maldives and S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies in Singapore.
- The first edition of the conference was hosted in Singapore in 2016 followed by two successive editions in Sri Lanka and Vietnam.
- The IOC will deliberate on developing an effective regional institutional mechanism for implementation of prevailing norms and rules.
- It will also provide an opportunity for stakeholders of the Indian Ocean Region to deliberate on building an institutional framework for managing the threats to regional peace and human security.