News: International Monetary Fund(IMF) has released the World Economic Outlook Report,2020 titled “A Long and Difficult Ascent”.
- The report is published twice a year.
- Aim: To provide analysis and forecasts of economic developments of member countries and highlights risks and uncertainty.
- Global growth is projected to be -4.4% ( i.e., a contraction in output of 4.4%) for 2020.
- Indian economy is expected to grow at -10.3 % ( i.e., a contraction) in 2020.However, India is expected to rebound in 2021 with 8.8% growth.
- IMF: It is an organization of 189 countries which seeks to ensure the stability of the International monetary system.Headquarters:Washington, US.
- Reports: a) Global Financial Stability Report and b) Fiscal Monitor(FM).