News:The Narcotics Control Bureau(NCB) has arrested the country’s first ‘darknet’ narcotics operative under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances(NDPS) Act.
- Darknet refers to the deep hidden internet platform that is used for narcotics sale and other illegal activities by using the secret alleys of the onion router(ToR) to stay away from the surveillance of law enforcement agencies.
- Owing to its end-to-end encryption, darknet is considered very tough to crack when it comes to investigating criminal activities being rendered over it.
- The dark net is part of the greater deep web.The deep web encompasses all unindexed sites that don’t pop up when you do an Internet search.
About Narcotics Control Bureau(NCB):
- NCB was constituted by the Government of India in 1986 under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act,1985.
- It is the apex coordinating agency under the Ministry of Home Affairs.