News: Union Minister has laid the foundation stone for Jogighopa Multimodal Logistics Park in Assam.
- Jogighopa Multimodal Logistics Park: It is India’s first multi-modal logistics park that will provide direct connectivity to air, road, rail and waterways to the people.
- Developed under: It will be developed under the Bharatmala Pariyojana of the Government of India.
- Bharatmala Pariyojana: It an umbrella program for the highways sector that focuses on optimizing efficiency of freight and passenger movement across India.
- Objective: Optimal resource allocation for a holistic highway development and improvement.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.