News:Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs has announced the results of the first (April-June) and second (July- September) quarters of Swachh Survekshan League 2020.
About Swachh Survekshan League 2020:
- Swachh Survekshan 2020 League was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in 2019.
- The aim of the survey is to sustain the on-ground performance of cities along with continuous monitoring of service level performance in cleanliness.
- The Swachh Survekshan 2020 League is being conducted in 3 quarters namely the April- June, July – September and the October- December 2019.
- The performance of cities in the League 2020 is crucial to their ranking in Swachh Survekshan 2020 due to the 25% weightage of the quarterly assessments to be included in the annual survey in January 2020.
Key takeaways from the survey:
Cities with a population of 10 lakh and above:
- Indore from Madhya Pradesh has been ranked first in both quarters.
- Bhopal got second and Surat in Gujarat third spot in the first Quarter.
- In the second quarter,Rajkot in Gujarat was at the 2nd spot while Navi Mumbai was at third.
Cities with a population of 1 lakh and above:
- Jamshedpur in Jharkhand has been ranked first in both quarters.
- New Delhi Municipal Council and Khargone in Madhya Pradesh got the second and third spot in the first quarter in this category.
- In the second quarter,Chandrapur in Maharashtra and Khargone got the second and third spot respectively.