News:An International conference on Ensemble Methods in Modelling and Data Assimilation(EMMDA) is being organised by the National Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting(NCMRWF).
About the conference:
- The Conference provides a platform for discussions and deliberations on the present status, future prospects and optimum use of Ensemble Prediction System(EPS).
About Ensemble Prediction System(EPS):
- Ensemble Prediction Systems(EPS) are numerical weather prediction (NWP) systems that allow us to estimate the uncertainty in a weather forecast as well as the most likely outcome.
- The individual NWP solutions that make up the ensemble are often referred to as the ensemble members.
- The National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF) is a Centre of Excellence in Weather and Climate Modelling under the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- It develops advanced numerical weather prediction systems with increased reliability and accuracy over India and neighbouring regions through research and development.