News: International Youth Day is being observed on 12 August,2020.
- International Youth Day(IYD): It was designated by the United Nations(UN) in the year 1999.The first IYD was observed in 2000 and has been observed annually ever since.
- Aim: To raise awareness regarding the cultural and legal issue concerning youth.
- Theme: Youth Engagement for Global Action.
- World Youth Report: Youth Social Entrepreneurship and the 2030 Agenda- The report was released by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs(UNDESA).
- Aim:To contribute to the understanding of how youth social entrepreneurship can both support youth development and help accelerate the implementation of the SDGs.
- #31DaysOfYOUth: It is a social media campaign by the UN to celebrate young people throughout the month of August to help spread the word and strike up a conversation surrounding youth engagement for global action.
- World Programme of Action for Youth(WPAY): It was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1995 to provide a policy framework and practical guidelines for national action and international support to improve the situation of young people around the world.
- Youth and COVID-19: Impacts on jobs, education, rights and mental well-being report: It has been published by International Labour Organization(ILO).According to the report, COVID-19 may push half the world’s youth into anxiety, depression.