News:British Prime Minister at the Coronavirus Global Response International Pledging Conference has said that all countries should step up their efforts and work together on fighting the coronavirus pandemic.
- Coronavirus Global Response International Pledging Conference :It was co-hosted by the UK and eight other countries and organisations including Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Saudi Arabia, and the European Commission.
- Aim:To raise enough funds to fill the immediate funding gaps in vaccine research.
- All the funds raised will be channeled through international health agencies like the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations(GAVI), Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations(CEPI) and the World Health Organization(WHO).
- GAVI: It is a public–private global health partnership created in 2000 with the goal of creating equal access to new and underused vaccines for children living in the world’s poorest countries.
- CEPI: It is a global partnership between public, private, philanthropic and civil society organisations launched in Davos in 2017 to develop vaccines against emerging infectious diseases and enable equitable access to these vaccines for people during outbreaks.