- India’s External Affairs Minister has arrived in China ahead of the second informal summit between Indian Prime Minister and Chinese President in India in October,2019.
- Ahead of the visit,China had objected to the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill 2019.It said that the creation of the Union Territory of Ladakh has undermined its sovereignty.
- On the revocation of Article 370,China has proposed that India and Pakistan should resolve disputes through dialogue and consultation and safeguard regional peace and stability.
- China has also stressed that the Kashmir issue should be properly and peacefully resolved based on the UN charter relevant to the UN Security Council resolutions and bilateral agreement.
- The Indian foreign minister will also co-chair the second meeting of the India-China High Level Mechanism(HLM) on cultural and people to people exchanges.
- The HLM was established during the first informal summit in Wuhan in April 2018.
- HLM aims to reflect the desire on both sides to build greater synergies in the people-to-people ties between the two countries through enhanced exchanges in areas such as tourism, art, films, media, culture and sports.
2 min read