- Kan Sikul, Kan Huan (My School, My Farm) is an initiative of District Administration of Lawngtlai, Mizoram.
- The aim of the initiative is to make every school, Anganwadi, Child care institution and hostel in Lawngtlai, self-sufficient in local variety of fruits and vegetables by March 2020.
- By doing so, the initiative seeks to reduce malnutrition among children. Lawngtlai has 35.3% stunted, 21.3% underweight and 5.9% severely wasted children under 5 — highest in Mizoram.
- The initiative is a convergence of Centre’s Poshan Abhiyan with regular activities of departments such as Agriculture and Horticulture.
- The Poshan Abhiyan is a multi-ministerial convergence mission with the vision to ensure attainment of malnutrition free India by 2022.
1 min read