News:Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has organized the Kaushal Acharya awards.
About Kaushal Acharya awards:
- The awards aims to facilitate trainers from different sectors for exceptional contribution towards creating a future-ready and skilled workforce.
- This will motivate and incentivize more trainers to join the Skill India Mission.
Skill India mission
- National Skill Development Mission also known as Skill India Mission was launched in 2015.
- The mission envisages convergence, coordination and harmonization of the fragmented skilling efforts of various Ministries in Government of India and other key stakeholders.
- The mission is implemented through the instruments of Common norms, implementation of National Skills Qualification Framework and data integrations through the Skill India Portal.
Important facts about Skill India are:
- About 64% of India’s population is expected to be in the working age group of 15-59 years by 2026.
- Yet,30% of India’s youth are neither employed nor in education or training.
- Also both the service and manufacturing sector (Make in India) requires highly skilled labors.
- Thus,the Skill India programme was launched with an aim to improve the skill of 40 lakh people by 2022.