- Kerala has announced its plan to set up a diaspora investment company known as NRK Investment and Holding Company.
- The company will have a 74% stake of non-resident Keralites and a 26% government stake.
- This objective of the company will be fund infrastructure projects and NRI townships in the state.The projects planned under ‘Rebuild Kerala’ initiative will also be a priority for the new company.
- Rebuild Kerala is a Kerala State Government initiative for crowd funding of projects envisaged for rebuilding Kerala.The virtual platform provides an opportunity for all willing individuals and institutions to contribute to the rebuilding measures.
- This initiative has been launched after the unprecedented flood havoc in 2019 that had left Kerala in immeasurable misery and devastation.
1 min read