- The North Korean leader has ordered its military to boost its strike capability as he directed another missile firing.
- North Korea’s missile firing came after U.S has seized a large North Korean cargo ship accused of illicit coal shipments in violation of U.N. sanctions.
- This move was intended to escalate the pressure on US to return to the negotiating table.
- Earlier, US President and North Korean leader had met for a second summit in Vietnam.The summit ended in failure with the two sides falling apart on the central issues of disarmament and sanctions relief.
- The first summit was held at Singapore where they had pledged to work towards the complete denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula
4 min read