Skip to content
- Kondapalli bommalu (Kondapalli toys) are
colourful, hand-crafted, wooden toys made by artisans of Kondapalli town,
Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh.
- The artisans who work on crafting these wooden
toys are called the Arya Kshatriyas. They are said to have migrated to
Kondapalli town from Rajasthan in the 16th century.
- The Kondapalli toys are crafted from a wood
known as Tella Poniki which is obtained from local forests and seasoned for
- The themes for the toys vary from mythological
to the modern. The Krishna theme and the Dasavatharam are popular mythological
- Kondapalli bommalu has been given GI Tag in the