News: The Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC) has launched its flagship Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana in Rajasthan’s Pokhran to restore the lost glory of the pottery site.
- Kumbhar Sashaktikaran Program: It is an initiative of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC) for empowerment of the potters community in the remotest of locations in the country.
- Target Beneficiaries: The program reaches out to the potters in : U.P., M.P., Maharashtra, J&K, Haryana, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Assam, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Telangana and Bihar.
- Benefits Provided:
- Training for advanced pottery products
- Latest, new technology pottery equipments like the electric Chaak
- Market linkages and visibility through KVIC exhibitions.
- KVIC: It is a statutory body established under the Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act, 1956.It functions under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.