News:Union Minister of State for Home Affairs has addressed the 4th Foundation Day of the Land Ports Authority of India(LPAI).
- The Land Ports Authority of India(LPAI) is a statutory body established under the Land Ports Authority of India Act,2010.
- It functions under the administrative control of the Department of Border Management, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- It was established to provide safe, secure and systematic facilities for movement of cargo as well passengers at its Integrated Check posts(ICPs) along the international borders of India.
About Integrated Check Post(ICP):
- Integrated Check Post (ICP) is a trade centre for facilitation of bilateral trade between countries as well as for movement of passengers across the border.
- It also aims to generate employment opportunities and provide a boost to the economy of the State and the region.