News: Every year Zero Discrimination Day is observed on 1st March
- It is observed by the United Nations AIDS Programme.
- Was first observed in 2014 after UNAIDS launched its Zero Discrimination Campaign on World AIDS Day in December 2013.
- 2020 Theme: Zero Discrimination against Women and Girls
Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- It is an initiative of the United Nations which was started in 1996. It is is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The main objective of the programme is to coordinate global action on the AIDS disease and alleviate its impact.
- The UN Political declaration on ending AIDS was adopted in 2016 which seeks to end AIDS as a public health threat by 2030.