News:Union Human Resource Development Minister has launched the Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP),2019.
- LEAP is a three weeks leadership development training programme (2 weeks domestic and one week foreign training) for second level academic functionaries in public funded higher education institutions.
- The main objective is to prepare second tier academic heads that are potentially likely to assume leadership roles in the future.
- The programme would provide senior faculty with high academic credentials, the required leadership and managerial skills including skills of problem-solving, handling stress, team building work among others.
- The implementation of programme will be through 15 NIRF top ranked Indian Institutions namely.The foreign Universities identified for the training are also within the top 100 in the world global rankings.
About National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
- The National Institutional Ranking Framework(NIRF) was launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in 2015.It provides ranking to institutions and universities across India.
- The different parameters taken into account for ranking are: a) Teaching Learning and Resources, b) Research Professional Practice & Collaborative Performance, c) Graduation outcome, d) Outreach and Inclusivity and e) perception by the institution by its stakeholders.
- The different categories for which rankings are given include Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Medical, Architecture, Law, Universities and Colleges.The rankings are being published annually since 2016.
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-Madras) has topped overall in the NIRF rankings,2019.