- The 1st session of the 17th Lok Sabha has been adjourned sine die.
- The speaker termed this session as the most productive session since 1952.In this session,the Lok Sabha passed 36 Bills which is more than Bills passed in 1952.
- Adjournment sine die means terminating a sitting of house for an indefinite period.In other words,when the House is adjourned without naming a day for reassembly,it is called adjournment sine die.
- The power of adjournment as well as adjournment sine die lies with the presiding officer of the House.
- He can also call a sitting of the House before the date or time to which it has been adjourned or at any time after the House has been adjourned sine die.
1 min read