News:United Nations(UN) Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has released the Lost at Home report.
- The report looks at the risks and challenges internally displaced children face and the urgent actions needed to protect them.
- India constituted the highest number of internal displacements in 2019 followed by Philippines, Bangladesh and China.
- Internal Displacement: It refers to the forced movement of people within the country they live in due to conflict, violence, development projects, disasters and climate change.
- It was created by the United Nations General Assembly in 1946.
- Purpose:It is devoted to aiding national efforts to improve the health, nutrition, education, and general welfare of children.
- Headquarters: New York, USA.
- Reports: State of the World’s Children report.