News:The encroachment of Madhav National Park land in Madhu’s Pradesh continues unchecked even though the land was allotted to make way for a tiger corridor.
About the Madhav National Park:
- Madhav National park is situated near Shivpuri town in Madhya Pradesh. It is a part of the upper Vindhyan hills.
- The Park was the hunting ground of Mughal emperors and Maharaja of Gwalior.It got the status of a National Park in 1958.
- The Park is a combination of dry deciduous & dry thorn forests that make home for different varieties of antelopes like Nilgai, Chinkara and Deer.
- The park is home to Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTG)s like Saharia.
Other National Parks of Madhya Pradesh:
- Bandhavgarh National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Kanha National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Satpura National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Sanjay National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Van Vihar National Park
- Ghughua National Park
- Panna National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Pench National Park & Tiger Reserve.