- The Maharashtra government has decided to constitute a task force to study impact of climate change on Mumbai. The taskforce will comprise of local and global experts.
- The task force will be set up by the environment department of Maharashtra in coordination with Mumbai First, a non-profit think-thank
- The taskforce will study urban flooding in cities like Venice, Geneva and London and measures taken against flooding and unplanned reclamation in these cities.
- It also study patterns of climate change and flood management measures taken by leading countries such as the Netherlands.
- The taskforce will collaborate with European Climate Change Programme of the European Union to prepare a blueprint.
1 min read