- Maritime Anti-Corruption Network(MACN) has announced the launch of a Port Integrity Campaign in India.
- The campaign aims to reduce and in the long term eliminate integrity issues and bottlenecks to trade during operations in Indian ports.
- The campaign is a collective action of MACN, the Government of India, international organizations and local industry stakeholders.
- The pilot project of the campaign will take place in Mumbai ports and will run until October,2019.Following the pilot,MACN plans to expand the program to other Indian ports.
- The main activities of the campaign include implementation of integrity training for port officials and the establishment of clear escalation and reporting processes.
- MACN is a global business network of over 110 companies working to tackle corruption in the maritime industry.It was established in 2011 by a small group of committed maritime companies.
1 min read