News: Cognizant, an IT services provider, has said that it has faced a Maze ransomware attack that has caused disruptions to its clients.
- Ransomware:It is a type of malicious program used by hackers to take control of files in an infected system and then demand hefty payments to recover them.
- The Maze ransomware was discovered in 2019 and has since increased its presence.
- Malware (malicious software): It refers to any kind of software that is designed to cause damage to a single computer, server or computer network.
- Spyware: It is a malware that functions by spying on user activity without their knowledge
- Trojan horse: It is a malware that disguises itself as a normal file or program to trick users into downloading and installing malware.
- Virus: It is malware that is capable of copying itself and spreading to other computers.