News:Organisation of Islamic Cooperation(OIC) has asked the Indian government to take steps to protect Muslim minorities who are facing Islamophobia amidst the COVID-19 crisis.
- The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation(OIC) is the second largest intergovernmental organization after the United Nations.
- Established: 1969
- Aim: To work as a collective voice of the Muslim world by safeguarding the interests of the muslims in the spirit of promoting international peace and harmony among various people of the world.
- Members: 57 states.
- Observers: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Central African Republic, Thailand, Russian Federation and Turkish Cypriot State.
- Headquarters:Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- India:It is not a member of the OIC. However,India was invited as a guest of honour at the 46th Session of the Council of Foreign Minister in 2019.
Gulf Cooperation Council(GCC):
- It was established in 1981 as a regional intergovernmental political and economic alliance of countries in the Arabian Peninsula.
- Members: United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait.
- Headquarters: Riyadh,Saudi Arabia.