News:Ministry of Electronics & Information (MeitY) has unveiled a series of new initiatives during the first MeitY Start-up Summit held in New Delhi.
About the initiatives:
- The initiatives include the MeitY Startup Hub (MSH), the Indian Software Product Registry and select Incubation Centres under the TIDE 2.0.
MeitY Startup Hub:
- It will act as a platform to connect with incubators, accelerators, mentors, and eventually, angel funds and venture capitalists.
Indian Software Product Registry
- It will be a single-window portal for cataloguing all companies and products developed in India with key analytics, category-wise listing and options to port the database to the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) for enhanced market access.
Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs(TIDE) scheme:
- TIDE scheme was launched in 2008 and is being implemented by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The scheme aims to assist institutions of higher learning to strengthen their Technology Incubation Centers and enable young entrepreneurs to initiate technology startup companies for commercial exploitation of technologies developed by them.
- The TIDE 2.0 will be aimed at strengthening close to 2,000 technology startups in areas of national concern, by leveraging emerging technologies and empowering 51 incubation centres across the country.