Skip to content
- Indian Ambassador to Nepal has announced that Motihari- Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline will start commercial operation by August,2019.
- The 69-kilometre long petroleum pipeline from Motihari in Bihar to Amelkhgunj in Nepal has been constructed by India.
- The project will reduce the huge transportation cost for Nepal.The commercial operation of the oil project will also ensure reduction in fuel prices.
- The project will ensure smooth,cost-effective and environmentally friendly supply of petroleum products to Nepal and will also help in tackling the oil storage problem in Nepal.
- The Motihari-Amlekhgunj oil pipeline project was first proposed in 1996. However,the project finally edged closer to reality during Indian Prime Minister’s visit to Nepal in 2014.