News:The Union Minister for Skill Development has launched the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship(MGNF) programme in the Indian Institute of Management (IIM),Bengaluru.
About MGNF Programme:
- It has been launched as part of the Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion(SANKALP) Programme.
- Aim:To address the challenge of non-availability of personnel for implementation of various programmes at national, state and district levels.
- Under this, IIM-B will train 75 graduates for two years in preparing the District skill plan considering the skill gaps, market utilities, government schemes and institutions available in the district.
- Eligibility:Those who have a graduate degree from a recognised university and are citizens of India in the age group of 21-30 years will be eligible to apply for it.
- SANKALP is a Centrally sponsored scheme of Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- It is an outcome focused scheme marking shift in government’s implementation strategy in vocational education and training from inputs to results.
- Objective:To enhance institutional mechanisms for skills development and increase access to quality and market-relevant training for the workforce.